National Weather Service Monitoring to Detect, Monitor
and Alert of Current Conditions
A new feature expanding the weather monitoring add-on to enrich your customers' experience!
As hurricane season ramps up and with weather becoming increasingly unpredictable, getting immediate notification of changing or dangerous situations can help customers and their facilities stay safer and better respond to conditions. Connect ONE® now includes National Weather Service alert detection, a new capability that reports directly to the platform for real-time reporting.
A dealer request brought this new service to life; their manufacturing customer was looking for a way to notify factory employees within the facility of a tornado warning. Using a report/event rule in Connect ONE, the tornado alert triggers the alarm system output to turn on, flashes strobes and annunciates an emergency message from the public address system.
The Connect ONE weather monitoring module also detects condition changes such as rain, snow, ice, etc. These condition changes can be sent out as notifications and interact with systems onsite, initiating lockdowns, triggering output strobes and performing other actions. In addition, five key metrics are supported: temperature; relative humidity; wind speed; barometric pressure; and dew point. These metrics are monitored as zones within Connect ONE for viewing current status and generating low/high alarm notifications.
Weather service alert monitoring service provides detection of critical alerts for automatic processing via reporting and interaction event rules for notifications and system interaction including Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) translation for pushing messages to mass notification systems.
Weather alerts are categorized into five groups for easy filtering in reporting: environmental, extreme temperature, severe weather, extreme weather and general emergency. Additional filtering capabilities tailor notifications to the user such as: limiting to new alerts and not updates; only tornado warnings; severity condition; urgency of action; etc. Another capability allows the weather alert to trigger an automatic case compilation feature which tracks and records activity history and personnel responses.
The weather monitoring module is available to be added to any customer site subscribed to the Essential+ or Pro service level plans.
Did you Know? Data Import Features into Connect ONE
An included service that imports system codes / users from a spreadsheet.
You and your customers have options for quickly importing many system codes & associated users into Connect ONE from a spreadsheet. This is a very convenient feature for newly upgraded systems or whenever they have a batch of users to add at one time.
The import is accessible from the Dealer Application by going to the Customer->Device->System Codes or from the Customer Application by going to Utilities->System->System Codes.
- Once there review the instructions for what is required. It is recommended to download the sample spreadsheet to have the columns pre-populated.
- Fill-in the system codes and user information using your preferred spreadsheet application, save it as a csv (comma separated values) file.
- After uploading the file, the screen will output all of the changes that will be performed, this allows you to review everything prior to submitting the changes.
- If you intend the newly created user to have a login to Connect ONE, then you can also include their email address and at the end of the process an email will be sent to the user with login instructions.
- If you want to update a user's information, the code will be matched so instead of creating a new user, it can be used to update an existing user.
IMPORTANT TIP: SMS Messaging Enhancements
We are seeing random bounced messages from Verizon Phfirstname.lastname@example.org for valid text addresses and periodic delays with T-Mobile Phemail@example.com, SMS messaging is a reliable method for your customers to receive notifications.
Connect ONE offers an enhanced SMS messaging service that provides reliable delivery as a true SMS message since it doesn't utilize the carrier email to text option. The expanded SMS service is subscribed on the customer level, please see the Connect ONE price guide for package information, the price guide is available on the Home tab of the Dealer Administration Portal. The carrier email to text option will continue to be included in the base service level at no additional charge.
This is a great option for critical messages which require reliable delivery and will continue without management changes if the customer changes cellular carriers since only their phone number is specified for delivery.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay them on top of the satellite image
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site regarding health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors 6 weather metrics, updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.