Did You Know? According to a recent report from Grandview Research, demand for
fire protection systems will increase steadily from 2022 to 2030
Expand Your Commercial Fire Alarm Business
Along with the fire alarm modes of the Bosch and DMP combination control panels, you may now also connect other commercial fire panels for full-data monitoring within Connect ONE.
Offer a single dashboard for security and fire alarm events and provide integration with mass notification systems as well as instant notification of events via email, text message, and/or app push.
Connect the fire alarm printer output to the RS-232 port on our Network Gateway for full-data event capture. Currently supported on Edwards, Firelite, & Notifier control panels. Please contact us for other manufacturer integrations.
- Full-Data Event Capture
- Automated reports including auditing of fire alarm testing and inspection activity
- Onscreen Alerts & Real-Time Notifications
- Integration with Video & Other Systems
- Integration with Mass Notification Platforms via CAP Messaging
|Connect ONE Network Gateway (Barix BarioNet)|
Customer Management Portal
- Event Cases: A new option exists to manually initiate an Event Case from any event in the Monitor->Activity log, previously event cases could only be created automatically via predefined event rules. Creating an Event Case allows the response activity tracking to be initiated and immediately notify personnel to respond to a situation. Another reason to create an event case would be to record history notes about what transpired in relation to the event.
- User Permission Report: When checking user permissions by site/area, more options now exist to filter by system names, area numbers, and/or door numbers. This allows for a higher degree of control to show just what is relevant to the necessary access permission check.
Dealer Administrative Portal & System Updates
- Enabled Code or Card Formats: A new option exists on the Device->General options screen to enable only the necessary code or card formats you want your customer to use. Restricting formats not only makes the selection more intuitive for your customer but also allows for batching restrictions based upon format. For instance, if one system can only accept 26-bit cards, then upon saving this card, the customer will only be offered options to batch this card to other systems which also accept 26-bit cards, therefore not allowing the card to be sent to panels that don't allow that format. This restriction is also present when creating System Profile Templates, only systems with matching code/card format will be allowed to comprise a template.
- TIP: Check the Configuration page for the Device as it includes recommended programming for the particular product and firmware version.
TIP: SMS Messaging Enhancements
Connect ONE offers an enhanced SMS messaging service that provides reliable delivery as a true SMS message since it doesn't utilize the carrier email to text option. The expanded SMS service is subscribed on the customer level, please see the Connect ONE price guide for package information, the price guide is available on the Home tab of the Dealer Administration Portal. The carrier email to text option will continue to be included in the base service level at no additional charge.
This is a great option for critical messages which require reliable delivery and will continue without management changes if the customer changes cellular carriers since only their phone number is specified for delivery.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management (NEW)
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay them on top of the satellite image
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site regarding health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors 6 weather metrics, updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.