Commercial Fire Alarm Monitoring
Along with the fire alarm modes of the Bosch and DMP combination control panels you may now also connect other commercial fire panels for full-data monitoring within Connect ONE.
A single dashboard for security and fire alarm events and provide integration with mass notification systems as well as instant notification of events via email, text message, and/or app push.
Connect the fire alarm printer output to the RS-232 port on our Network Gateway for full-data event capture. Currently supported on Edwards, Firelite, & Notifier control panels. Please contact us for other manufacturer integrations.
- Full-Data Event Capture
- Automated Reports and Notifications
- Onscreen Alerts
- Integration with Video & Other Systems
- Integration with Mass Notification Platforms via CAP Messaging
|Connect ONE Network Gateway (Barix BarioNet)|
Automated Email Options for Any Report
Now any report can be triggered to be delivered via email on a schedule!
An overview of supported automated report types are:
- Event Activity Report (List all selected activity in chronological order)
- Site Occupancy Report (List users which accessed each site and calculate total occupancy)
- In/Out by User (List user in and out times for each area and calculate total time in an area)
- Exit Exception (List users which have logged in but not logged out)
- Asset Status List (List assets with the selected status such as return overdue)
- User Status List (List users and their last activity such as all users not active in the last 90 days)
- User Safe Passage Status List (List users and their Safe Passage status, such as all users with unapproved status)
- System Code Expiration List (List all system codes and authority levels, including expiration status)
- Environmental Zone Historical Data Report (List and graph environmental zones with associated alarm status for regulatory compliance)
- Thermostat Historical Data Report (List and graph HVAC status recorded from the thermostats)
In addition, since incoming events can trigger task rules to activate, the report can also be delivered in response to certain critical events occurring. For example, a fire alarm event can trigger an Exit Exception report to be delivered. The report will show who has accessed the building but not exited (exit readers required to detect if the person left, otherwise the report will include all entries for the report period).
To configure an automated report, save a Custom Report then create a Scheduled Interaction->Task Rule to send it to the desired recipients.
Card or List Layout Options
The recent release of the new card style layout, which helps to show relevant record information at a glance, has several options for toggling the layout mode. In the browser version if the original list style is preferred it can be toggled at the bottom of the page, choosing either the new Card or original List layout. Further if the user wants to retain their preference across sessions they can easily set that preference by going to Account->Preferences->Layout and save their choice.
You may also set a Customer Option to default their preference to the List or Card Layout, as well as set a global Dealer Default for all customers. Both options are available from their respective tabs in the Dealer Administration Portal.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Management Portal
- Report Viewing: All reports are now viewed in the same screen for a improved experience in both the browser and mobile applications.
- Search by Site/Facility Code (Bosch/Elk): From the system codes page you can now enter a site code, such as "123:", into the search field and the results will include all cards with a matching site code.
- UserAPI: The UserAPI has been enhanced with a new method to find users by code or card number. This can be used by external systems to lookup a user by querying for their card number and verifying the user is active in the associated system(s).
Dealer Administrative Portal
- DMP XR/XT Version 213 Supported: Recently DMP released version 213 which included user code scheduling enhacements to the XT series panels, these enhancements are fully supported in Connect ONE.
- TIP: Check the Configuration page for the Device as it includes recommended programming for the particular product and firmware version.
Tip: Wireless Access Control - Assa Abloy Aperio Locks Supported
Valuable access control offering for your customers - Seamlessly integrated with intrusion
Complete integration with Bosch, DMP, Elk, and Honeywell Vista panels allows for the wireless locks to map directly to the intrusion armed status for denying access when armed, preventing schedule unlock when armed, first-in unlock when disarmed, and disarm on access. It also provides for a mapped hardwire relay output which allows for an auxiliary control upon access, a hardwire lock operation for the aperio reader only device, and a relay output to control an external door opener. It also allows for direct control of the aperio locks from the intrusion panel via hardwire reader and/or keypad control to turn on/off the associated output which controls the aperio lock too.
User permissions are applied exactly the same as how they are specified for hardwire readers connected to the panel. Therefore the system can have wired reader/locks and wireless reader/locks mixed without any additional complexity.
The aperio locks utilize an encrypted wireless connection to an aperio IP hub. Each hub can communicate to a maximum of 64 locks. The IP hub is connected to the access expander via an encrypted network connection. The access expander can support up to 128 hubs however the capacity of wireless locks is dependent on the intrusion control panel. For example, the Bosch B9512G can support up to 231 locks, the DMP XR550 can support up to 465 locks, the Elk M1 can support up to 206 locks, and the Honeywell Vista can support up to 96 locks.
Contact your Assa Abloy representative to complete dealer certification. Aperio locks are purchased by certified dealers via distribution.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management (NEW)
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay on top of the satellite image
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site in regard to health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors 6 weather metrics, updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.