ScanPass Mobile Credential with Plus Pin Option
Now the popular mobile credential that simply uses barcodes placed on the door, has been improved with a high security per-door option of requiring a pin entry upon access. The pin entry is from their mobile device, no keypads or readers required!
From the Dealer Site, each door may be configured of whether to require a pin (Scan+Pin):
Once enabled the user will need to enter their pin, which is created/managed along with their mobile credential, from the Connect ONE App to gain access:
Video Playback on ANY Event
You can now view video playback from associated cameras on any event in the Monitor->Activity log. Previously playback was only possible when the event was linked in an Interaction->Event Rule to capture camera snapshots at the time of the event. While that is still possible, now any event captured from an area where cameras are also assigned will allow options to view live video and playback from the NVR starting at possible options of 10, 30, or 60 seconds prior to the timestamp of the event. Playback viewing is possible from ExacqVision, Digital Watchdog Spectrum, OpenEye, and Eagle Eye NVRs. If the camera selected is from an OpenEye system, there is also a button to switch directly to the OpenEye web application which will open directly to that camera at the timestamp of the event.
Customer Management Portal
- 2N Card Entry: Entering card data for 2N access readers and intercoms has been improved when using 26-bit wiegand cards, now you simply enter the card number and facility code. The necessary hexadecimal conversion will be automatically handled by Connect ONE internally for submission to the 2N device.
Dealer Administrative Portal
- End-User Sales Sheet Updated: An updated sales sheet is available in your Dealer Portal.
- TIP: Check the Configuration page for the Device as it includes recommended programming for the particular product and firmware version.
Safe Passage Wins 2021 MVP Award at ISC West 2021 for Access Control
Safe Passage user authorization from Connect ONE® was honored with an industry-respected Most Valuable Product (MVP) award yesterday during ISC West in Las Vegas.
Safe Passage, a feature of the cloud-hosted Connect ONE management platform by Connected Technologies, topped seven other entries in the Access Control category. The annual competition is sponsored by Security Sales & Integration magazine, one of the longest-running trade publications in the industry. (Connect ONE previously won an MVP award in 2019 for GeoView, a Google Maps integration.)
Safe Passage controls facility entrances through the smartphone while providing a framework to admit or deny access immediately based on health/liability waivers or other criteria created by the user, including temperature checks, COVID-19 protocols or other compliance mandates.
Safe Passage allows administrators to create multiple profile templates, customized to the user and their level(s) and area(s) of access within the facility. Templates establish specific options, such as checkpoints, protected areas, approval and re-approval processes, custom messages and other requirements or documentation necessary for entry.
You can read more about how Safe Passage was put to work at an industrial manufacturing company in the Chicago area here.
Other notable features include:
- Safe Passage is easy to deploy through the cloud, adding valuable services at the customer premises and additional revenue streams to the systems integration business -- without costly labor hours or additional hardware.
- Safe Passage is flexible and scalable for the user, who can create multiple templates customized to the location, door and individual’s profile.
- Safe Passage ensures the user is safe to be at the site in regard to health and/or hazard concerns and can be deployed for a one-time or periodic self-approval process depending on the facility’s current needs.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management (NEW)
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay on top of the satellite image
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site in regard to health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors 6 weather metrics, updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.