A Unique Example of Connect ONE Flexibility
Provide access users with the access denied reason via notifications.
There are many flexible and customized options built-into Connect ONE; one recent example allows access users to receive access denied notifications via email, text message, or app push. The screenshot below highlights the option to send the notification to the user which triggered the event. This allows the access denied event message to be sent directly to the user which was denied. Your customer can also specify a custom message to be sent in the notification so the individual being denied can get assistance.
The image below illustrates a sample email the user may receive from Connect ONE. This sample shows they were denied because the area they are attempting to access is armed and they lack disarm authority.
Our ScanPass Mobile Credentials provide feedback during the access request directly on the user's device if they are granted or denied, however the example described above is a great solution for cards and other mobile credentials.
Recent Usability Improvements
Customer Management Portal
- Time Rule: No User Activity Check: A new Interaction->Time Rule has been added to check for the lack of user activity. This option can be used to generate events when a user hasn't had expected activity after a defined time period, which may be set anywhere from one minute to twenty days.
- Auto-Deactivate Inactivity Audit: A new option in the user's login profile may be set which checks for the lack of activity from a user and automatically issues the necessary commands to deactivate the user and their system code(s)/card(s) for all sites upon the expiration of the defined time period. The time period can be set anywhere from one day to one year.
- Site Area Tracking Expanded: The Site Area tracking options have been expanded to include an option to allow passback. This feature works in-conjunction with the user's login profile option for Virtual Anti-Passback. Now you can designate an area to ignore anti-passback violations. See below for a complete list of tracking options:
Option of how track/record User's current area location via keypad/door usage when this area is accessed, the event activity will always be logged by area to the event log.
- If set to "Yes" then the user's last location will be updated and the access will be checked for virtual anti-passback violations if the user's login profile has "Virtual Anti-Passback" enabled.
- If set to "Yes, Allow Passback" then the user's last location will be updated but the access will not be checked for virtual anti-passback violations.
- If set to "No" then the user's last location will not be updated and the access will not be checked for virtual anti-passback violations.
- If set to "Clear", an option for site exit areas, then it will clear/remove the user's last known location and the access will not be checked for virtual anti-passback violations.
- User Badges: Your customer can now upload their own logo to display on the default badge template, previously only the dealer had access to upload their logo image. Please note that this will not replace your brand image since it does not replace your logo shown at the top of the application view.
Dealer Administrative Portal & System Updates
- Avigilon Alta (Ava Security) Aware Integration: A new integration is now available for the newly re-branded Avigilon Alta video system, previously known as Ava Security. This video integration differs slightly from other systems as it currently is not possible to view live and recorded video in Connect ONE rather a cached thumbnail image will be displayed to the user and when selecting the camera the user will be redirected to the Aware app for viewing. However the video verification features are fully compatible, therefore you can create Event Rules to capture live snapshots from the cameras upon events which are stored in the Connect ONE cloud and sent via notifications if desired. Also, you can program the Aware system to send Connect ONE video events such as analytical detection, i.e. line crossing, loitering, etc. These camera related events will be stored in Connect ONE for a single-pane of all event information, from all of your customer's systems, as well as these events can be used in video verification rules.
- DMP 56-Bit Bluetooth Credential: The 56-bit bluetooth format is supported in Connect ONE so your customer has one management interface for all of their users' codes, cards, and bluetooth credentials.
- TIP: Check the Configuration page for the Device as it includes recommended programming for the particular product and firmware version.
IMPORTANT TIP: SMS Messaging Enhancements
We are seeing random bounced messages from Verizon Phemail@example.com for valid text addresses and periodic delays with T-Mobile Phfirstname.lastname@example.org, SMS messaging is a reliable method for your customers to receive notifications.
Connect ONE offers an enhanced SMS messaging service that provides reliable delivery as a true SMS message since it doesn't utilize the carrier email to text option. The expanded SMS service is subscribed on the customer level, please see the Connect ONE price guide for package information, the price guide is available on the Home tab of the Dealer Administration Portal. The carrier email to text option will continue to be included in the base service level at no additional charge.
This is a great option for critical messages which require reliable delivery and will continue without management changes if the customer changes cellular carriers since only their phone number is specified for delivery.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay them on top of the satellite image.
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site regarding health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors National Weather Service alerts instantly and six weather metrics updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.