How Top Sales Teams Sell More Services
The first step starts before the site survey
The first step in selling more services begins even before the all-important site survey. Here’s where you present all the features of Connect ONE® – so the prospect knows what is available to them now and in the future. If you don’t do this, it can negatively affect your company’s long-term profitability.
It’s a simple value proposition: the more services you sell, the greater your monthly revenue is from that single account.
Today’s customers are looking for data to help control their business operations. Leading the presentation with all your company’s services for managing and controlling systems is how sales experts close more deals.
After the small talk during the initial meeting with your prospect I’d suggest you provide a sales sheet with all your company’s product offerings. Don’t spend too much time explaining everything - just do a quick overview. This gives the prospect the knowledge that not only can you help with their immediate needs but possibly some ongoing issues they may have and don’t know how to remedy. It also lets them know that future changes within their organization can be handled through your company.
Handing out your company’s sales sheet before the site survey can open conversations that may never occur if they don’t know all you do. Let’s say you and the prospect are walking around the site and pass a device they need to have monitored - but didn’t know you can provide that service for them. That’s an opportunity missed because the prospect thought you only offer, let’s say, a burglar alarm which is what you were initially called in to provide. In fact, they may have called in another company who advertised they can monitor that one device. Not only did you lose out on additional RMR but that other company may eventually take over the entire account. Don’t open the door for others!
Here are some other examples. Let’s say there’s a problem back door that’s propped open often, or requires access control to stop loss of property and assets. Or, perhaps this prospect can benefit by better control of spaces within the facility with access control user authorization health screenings (Safe Passage) or mobile credentials for frictionless entrance control (ScanPass®). Maybe the user has a door or opening that requires electronic locking, but is located in an area where it’s difficult to run cable or wires. Integrations with Aperio® wireless locks let you add another point of protection – while you beef up your monthly recurring revenue.
RMR is the Holy Grail of the security industry. If you aren’t focusing on providing ongoing services to your customer and instead only on single project revenues from a one-off installation, that leaves money on the table. It’s about being a consultant; the go-to-person for your prospect. It’s not about acting like you want to sell them everything you offer, instead letting the prospect know you’re not just a single-service provider.
Connect ONE® is the full solution you can offer to every customer – and it all comes from a single supplier. Contact us today about our dealer plans and find out for yourself how a total solution built on RMR can make you more profitable. For more information, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 976-3520.
Recent Usability Improvements
Customer Management Portal
- DMP XR Output Groups: DMP XR Output Groups are now configurable from the Customer Application under the Utilities section. Previously output groups were only configurable from the Dealer Application but now your customer can manage changes on their own. You can hide a reserved output group from customer management by either not assigning a selected output to a Site Area or by assigning it to a Site Area of which they do not have permissions to see.
Dealer Administrative Portal & System Updates
- TIP: Check the Configuration page for the Device as it includes recommended programming for the particular product and firmware version.
IMPORTANT TIP: SMS Messaging Enhancements
We are seeing random bounced messages from Verizon Phemail@example.com for valid text addresses and periodic delays with T-Mobile Phfirstname.lastname@example.org, SMS messaging is a reliable method for your customers to receive notifications.
Connect ONE offers an enhanced SMS messaging service that provides reliable delivery as a true SMS message since it doesn't utilize the carrier email to text option. The expanded SMS service is subscribed on the customer level, please see the Connect ONE price guide for package information, the price guide is available on the Home tab of the Dealer Administration Portal. The carrier email to text option will continue to be included in the base service level at no additional charge.
This is a great option for critical messages which require reliable delivery and will continue without management changes if the customer changes cellular carriers since only their phone number is specified for delivery.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay them on top of the satellite image.
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site regarding health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors National Weather Service alerts instantly and six weather metrics updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.