Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
We will be closed on Friday December 23rd, Monday December 26th, and Monday January 2nd, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Emergency support will be available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Usability Improvements
Customer Management Portal
- User Badge Templates Expanded: We increased the amount of badge background template images from 3 to 7 upload slots. By default the login profile will show 3 slots available, but once you upload the 3rd template it will then show another 4 slots available. We also added an X offset template option so the image and text can be placed off-center of the badge, previously the image/text could only be moved up or down, now it can be moved left and right as well.
- Custom Lockdown & Emergency Mass Notification: New options added to Task Rules allow for creating custom lockdown actions and/or general emergency notification options to be configured without requiring a complete system lockdown. Task Rules offer many options for system control and interaction in a single-click and are now even more powerful with the addition of an action to log an event and show the rule for activation in the lockdown options window.
- User Deletion Permission: A new option in the user's login profile may restrict the ability to delete users and system codes. Now a permission can be set to only allow deactivation and not delete capability.
Dealer Administrative Portal & System Updates
- TIP: Check the Configuration page for the Device as it includes recommended programming for the particular product and firmware version.
Supply Chain Woes? Why you need a trusted manufacturing partner
Disruptions up and down the supply chain continue as the country recovers from the pandemic and adjusts to slowed manufacturing and distribution. The ever-resilient physical security industry has fared well, thanks to trusted manufacturing partners who assist systems integrators and dealers with targeted, readily available solutions. These are the companies who have continued to work closely with the channel – delivering products so systems integrators can satisfy current and future project goals. According to a recent report by Security Business magazine, integrators are finding that manufacturers that they have relied on, and viewed as partners, helped eased supply chain issues. They can contact their manufacturing and service providers to explain what they need – and solutions are often found through ongoing collaboration.
Cloud erases challenges
Inherent in a cloud management platform are capabilities that make adding new services easy, so you don’t have to wait on hardware or buy special software. New services can be added simply, without resorting to new components that may be difficult to obtain.
Dealers often come to us asking for APIs and to write code for different products because they can’t get delivery on items they are accustomed to due to production or distribution backlogs. As a trusted manufacturing partner, we work to accommodate them. Or, they may ask if we can interface with another product that may be in stock so they can continue their installations without interruption. With the cloud, integrations and interfaces to many other products are readily available and seamless to implement.
With Connect ONE®, a cloud management solution that handles intrusion, video, access control, critical environmental monitoring, energy management, asset management, commercial fire alarm data event monitoring and other connected applications, dealers have many products to select from that work with our platform. They aren’t stuck with one manufacturer or worse, in a proprietary solution that only expands with that particular supplier’s exclusive products.
A cloud management interface offers flexibility in product choice – extending more options to dealers in the field so they don’t suffer supply chain worries and can continue to add services and increase their recurring monthly revenue – ultimately raising their company’s profitability.
A trusted manufacturing partner like Connected Technologies has your back. We work closely with our dealers, and having come from the installation side of the business, understand the importance of being able to pivot quickly to address current challenges.
Connect ONE® is the full solution you can offer to every customer – and it all comes from a single supplier. For more information, reach out to us at email@example.com or (866) 976-3520.
Did you Know? Badge printing from Connect ONE
An included service that works with your customers' local printer.
Your customer can have up to 7 custom templates, the customized options including a background overlay, what fields to print, the scale of the image, and where to position the image and text. These templates can be printed directly from Connect ONE to a local badge printer. A helpful suggestion is to upload the customer's company logo from the Dealer Site on the Customer tab, then Customer Options. This will become the logo on the default badge design.
The instructions to use the badge design and printing are very simple:
- Go to the Users' Login Profile, scroll down to Badge Options and select/configure the badge template they want to use. They can also upload a background template which can include a custom color scheme, logo, etc.
- Go to the User, start by uploading a image, or if their image is already uploaded, just click Badge
- From the Badge screen, simply go to Actions->Print to Local Printer. Note the blue box stating they might need to click on their browser printer setup to hide header/footer and reduce margins.
IMPORTANT TIP: SMS Messaging Enhancements
We are seeing random bounced messages from Verizon Phfirstname.lastname@example.org for valid text addresses and periodic delays with T-Mobile Phemail@example.com, SMS messaging is a reliable method for your customers to receive notifications.
Connect ONE offers an enhanced SMS messaging service that provides reliable delivery as a true SMS message since it doesn't utilize the carrier email to text option. The expanded SMS service is subscribed on the customer level, please see the Connect ONE price guide for package information, the price guide is available on the Home tab of the Dealer Administration Portal. The carrier email to text option will continue to be included in the base service level at no additional charge.
This is a great option for critical messages which require reliable delivery and will continue without management changes if the customer changes cellular carriers since only their phone number is specified for delivery.
Tip: Customer Add-On Modules
Add-on modules are super easy to setup for your customer - requiring little to no configuration - build more RMR!
- Asset Management
- The Asset Management Module provides streamlined methods to track assets, such as keys, equipment, electronics, tools, inventory, etc., to locations and/or users including the generation of custom user authorization templates upon issuing and/or returning.
- Badge Printing (InstantCard)
- The InstantCard module works with the InstantCard Badge Service to push user photo and details to a badge template for physical badge printing.
- Case Management
- The Case Management Module provides streamlined methods to track critical event responses, incidents, and repairs at one or multiple locations. Ideal for building and property management companies, multifamily and multi-tenant users or national accounts with numerous locations.
- Emergency Messaging Hub
- The Emergency Messaging Hub provides a unified feed of emergency messages from multiple systems for an associated site. It works by receiving Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages from Mass Notification and other Emergency Response platforms and by translating device native events to the CAP format. All CAP messages are published to the hub for all external services to consume in a single atom feed.
- GeoView System Mapping (MVP Award Winner 2019)
- The GeoView System Mapping Module maps real-time status and control of systems to Google Maps. Easily drag/place markers for: System Health, Arm/Disarm Status & Control (Multi-Area), Zones & Sensors (including Environmental & Weather Sensors), Doors & Outputs, Cameras (also Live View within Map). Also, upload interior floorplans and overlay them on top of the satellite image.
- Safe Passage (MVP Award Winner 2021)
- The Safe Passage module provides a framework for a one-time/periodic self-approval process. If required and not completed, upon access by the individual, violation events are generated so a manager can ensure the user is safe to be at the site regarding health and/or hazard concerns. Documentation is stored with the user account showing they have answered the proper questions and approved any company terms such as an NDA.
- Weather Monitoring
- The Weather Monitoring Module monitors National Weather Service alerts instantly and six weather metrics updated every 30-60 minutes: 1. Temperature, 2. Relative Humidity, 3. Current Condition, 4. Wind Speed, 5. Barometric Pressure, 6. Dew Point. Each of the metrics can be programmed with a low and high threshold limit which can deliver notifications and interact with other devices onsite such as the alarm/access systems and thermostats. Historical reporting is also possible for each metric which can show readings recorded over a time period.
Give Us the Challenge...
We love hearing from our Dealers with requests from their customers to help solve challenges.
Please contact us and give us the challenge, we may be able to design something for you, and together we can watch your company reach the potential you always knew was possible.
Send us your feedback
We will continue to include the enhancements in this newsletter.
We also post the enhancements to our "Company" page and "Group" page on LinkedIn, as well as to the "Feature Blog" tab on our website.
Please contact us for your invitation to join the "Group" on LinkedIn.
Also, be sure to review the Home tab on the Connect ONE Dealer Site as this will contain many helpful Sales Sheets and Technical Guides.
We encourage you to visit these sites to stay up-to-date.