What to Look for in a Cloud Platform
There’s a lot of talk about the cloud in physical security; often enough to make your head spin. It isn’t really all that complicated when you break it down into the most important criteria in selecting a cloud service: the platform and the interface.
You need a robust cloud platform that makes it easy to add services initially or in the future as your needs change. For example, the cloud service you select should offer an array of integrations, including intrusion, video, access control, critical environmental monitoring, energy management, asset management, commercial fire alarm data event monitoring and other connected applications. The platform should be highly flexible and scalable – so you can begin at any level and expand services in the future – without having to start from scratch.
Look for a cloud service interface that allows the convenience to view, control and interact with all your systems on one screen from any web-enabled device. It should be purpose-built to simplify integrations and offer the flexibility to select from many different products that work with the platform.
Cloud services should align with your business goals and your target vertical markets, whether commercial, residential, education or retail. Being able to leverage one platform for all your customer’s installations makes it simpler all around. You can streamline inventory and your employees stay up to date with the technology as they become increasingly confident with the service.
Here are five quick tips for picking the right cloud service for your company:
- Make sure a wide array of services are available today, with add-ons possible at any time.
- Assess the overall scalability of the platform as far as the number of users. Flexible cloud platforms allow security dealers to throttle up and down the number of users so it’s always consistent with their current user needs.
- Cloud services need to be flexible, providing the option to be managed by your company or the customer.
- Develop a spreadsheet that details all the services you require and the services the potential cloud service provider offers. Identify the “must-haves” and make sure the interface checks all the boxes.
- Your cloud service provider should be a willing partner and assist with any questions you may have about the platform as it applies to specific projects.
Reach out to us today to learn about our dealer plans and the Connect ONE® platform. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 976-3520.